Fancy Mexican Pollo Bonanza
Fancy Mexican Pollo Bonanza by The Fancy Family
- 4 Chicken Breast – Skinless, boneless cut into small cubes
- 4 tbsp of Avocado oil
- 1 can of black beans
- 1 can lentils
- 1 can Diced Tomatoes
- 1-12oz tomato juice / sauce
- 12 white mushrooms halved
- 6 pieces of celery diced
- 1 large Spanish Onion diced
- 5 cloves garlic diced
- 1 small can chili peppers
- 2 large jalapeno pepper diced
- 2 large green peppers diced (or use Red Peppers)
- 1/3 bundle fresh cilantro diced
- 4 tbsp Mexican seasoning (Onion powder, Garlic Salt, Sea Salt, Cumin, Coriander Power, Chili powder)
- 1 diced ripe avocado to top
- 2 ripe juicy limes quartered
- Pollo Y Pescado Hot Sauce and/or Rousay Red #5 Hot Sauce
- Sour cream to garnish
- Grated Monterey Jack to garnish
- Crumbled tortilla chips to top
- In large frying pan, sautée onions, garlic and celery in avocado oil.
- Once soft, add diced tomatoes and tomato sauce and lentils and black beans.
- Once simmering, add diced chicken and Mexican seasoning and can of chili peppers and diced jalapeno peppers.
- Let simmer down as chicken cooks in sauce (stir periodically).
- Once chicken is cooked, add mushrooms and green peppers to soften (5 minutes).
- Once done, add cilantro and serve in bowls. Top with sour cream and diced avocado, hit with a squeeze of fresh lime. For ultimate extra flavour, add Pollo Y Pescado Hot Sauce and/or Rousay Red #5 Hot Sauce